In 2012, the U.S. Solar market grew 76%. Before that, solar power was unavailable to American households. So why have so many Americans turned to solar energy?
Benefits of Solar Energy Panels
1. Save money. When solar panels are added to a home it can result in a monthly saving of over $100 in a lot of states. Most solar panel contracts are typically two years, so if you take this over two decades it can mean a savings of over $30,000!
2. Immediate savings. Most times you can have solar installed for little or no money down with options when it comes to financing solar panels. Many times, you can have a solar company install, maintain and take care of any repairs. All you need to do is pay the company providing the solar for the power you’re receiving. This is less than you would pay the utility company and 75% of American homes have the option of this plan.
3. Increase home value. If your home has solar panels it means that your home has lower utility costs. This is a plus for many home buyers and will make your home more desirable than one without solar panels. It could be the deciding factor between your home and someone else’s. Homes with solar panels sell 20% faster and for 17% more money.
4. Secure investment. There is an upward trend with utility companies fluctuating and having unreliable prices. When you’re dealing with solar panels the amount of electricity used can be calculated as well as the cost for the length of the contract.
5. Guaranteed Performance. The companies that manufacture solar panels include a warranty that is 20-25 years long. This is called a performance guarantee and 80% performance is guaranteed after 25 years with the lifespan of the solar panels being a lot longer. You can count on your solar panels providing electricity for 30-40 years in the future.
6. Good for Environment. Many homeowners go with solar because it makes good financial sense but with that are the benefits to the environment. Behind China, the United States is second in the world with annual carbon dioxide emissions. When you decide to replace regular electricity with clean solar power, you can lower your carbon footprint greatly. The average residential solar panel system offsets about 100,000 pounds of carbon dioxide in 20 years—this is equal to driving a car for 100,000 miles!
7. Energy Independence. In 2012, the Unites States relied on imports for approximately 40% of the crude oil and petroleum consumed. Having solar panels installed contributes to reducing the U.S. dependence of foreign energy. The day will come when we run out of oil, coal and natural gas which will be scary because our national security and economy suffers when we continue to consume these costly energy sources that seem to always be rising in cost.
Solar Panel Installation & More in Tarzana, Calabasas & Greater Los Angeles, California
Going solar is a step in the right direction and shopping for solar has come a long way. It used to be quite a process but this is no longer the case. All your options can be sorted quickly to determine the best fit for your home and get you saving money fast. Contact Future Vision Remodeling to discuss solar panel installation.